Thursday, January 22, 2015

From Maryborough

I had a nice break in Maldon.  It has one of the nicest campgrounds I've found in Australia.  There was even a table a the campsite,  Next to the rubbish bins, I found a slightly broken camp chair, which I was able to lash together.

Maldon Campsite


Decadence


I also took a ride on the historic steam train to Castlemaine.  I had a nice chat with the volunteer conductor, a local cyclist.

Historic Steam Train from Maldon


The next day I rode 59 km to Clunes, another old former gold mining town.  There was a nice tailwind, but a mixed blessing, as it was hot, about 35 C (95 F).  No table at the campsite, as usual, but it was quiet and I arrived in time to get the key to the shower.

It's another hot day today, so I got a fairly early start for the short 31 km ride to Maryborough.  Maryborough is a major center, so I'll spend the rest of the day poking around town and relaxing.  It would be nice to find a shady spot to play the oboe.

I've now run into two libraries with Wi-Fi which would not do email with my iPod Touch.  The one in Maryborough does work.  


No comments:

Post a Comment