Thursday, January 22, 2015

On the Road

I had a very enjoyable visit with Ian, Ruth, and their daughter Rachel.  Through the miracles of technology, we made a Skype call to our mutual ham radio friend Peter in Finland from the site of Ian's new antenna.  The next day, Ruth and Rachel played some music with me.  Then I said my farewells and left for Daylesford.


Music with Rachel


Ruth, Rachel, and Ian


This area, known as the Goldfields, is quite hilly.  I think it's the tail end of the Great Dividing Range.  This is where the gold was found in Victoria some 150 years ago.  So, it was a short, hilly ride from the Williams' near Kyneton to Daylesford.  I didn't leave until 3 PM, stopped in Daylesford for dinner, arrived at the caravan park (campground) at 7 PM.  The office was closed and the toilets were locked, so I left early the next morning.  Now shower, no money.  I got an earlier start the next day for the 47 km ride to Maldon, also hilly.  There's a very nice campground here, so I decide to spend another day here.  There's a nice park for oboe practice.  The weather has finally turned warm, probably about 32 C (90 F) today, the first warm day since I've arrived.



Not THAT Spotted Cow
(a Wisconsin beer)


I'll be off to either Clunes or Maryborough tomorrow, another hilly ride either way.






No comments:

Post a Comment